Old-Fashoined Beef Stew
1/2 cup Gold Medal Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons shortening
6 cups hot water
3 pared medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium turnip, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 cup sliced celery (1-inch pieces)
1 medium inion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon salt
2 beef boullion cubes
1 bay leaf
Mix flour, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Coat meat with flour mixture. Melt shortening in large skillet; brown meat thoroughly.
Add water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours. Stir in remaing ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
If desired, thicken stew. In covered small jar, shake 1 cup cold water and 2 to 4 tablespoons flour until blended. Stir into stew; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
St. Louis Style Lonsdale Country Market Ribs or Loin Back
Check and pull silver lining from back
Season with Excaliber Rib Seasoning
Baste a thin coat of Yellow Mustard On all sides
Refrigerate for three hours
Double Wrap in aluminum foil
Cook on High Heat 350-400 degrees for two hours
Remove from foil--Crumple foil and put on grille, turning heat down to 250-275 degrees
Baste with Lonsdale Country Meats Barbecue Sauce
Add wood chips for Smoke, turn and baste barbecue sauce for 1 hour every 10 minutes.
Let rest for five minutes before serving
Seasoned Lonsdale Country Market Tri Tip Roast (California Style)
Pre-heat oven or grill to 325 F
Medium Heat with Smoke till meat is 140 degrees--Firm to touch
Still pink in center
Let Stand for 5 to 10 minutes
Truly a Slice of California Heaven!!
Cooking Thick Sliced Ham
1) Layer in Roasting Pan
2) 7up or Sprite (3/4 depth in bottom of Roaster)
3) Garnish with Pineapple Slices
4) Pour pine apple juice over ham.
5) Cover ham and place in preheated 325 oven
6) Cook for 8 minutes per lb or till internal temperature of 145
Ham--Cooking Whole or 1/2 Bone in Ham
1) preheat oven to 325
2) place ham in baking pan and cover with foil
3) cook for 1 hr
4) reduce heat to 275
5) Cook for 10 min per lb
6) Internal temp of 145 or more
How To Cook Prime Rib
-Preheat oven to 325 F
-Use Shallow Pan, put rack in pan
-Season with garlic pepper
-8 Minutes per pound
-140 degrees internal temperature (rare to med rare)
-Let it rest for 10 Minutes
Roasted Pork Loin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, making a paste. Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
- Place pork loin into oven, turning and basting with pan liquids. Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove roast to a platter. Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom. Serve with pan juices.